Friday, December 2, 2011

I Don't Have Cancer Nails

Aka OPI Grape...Set...Match & Servin' Up Sparkle


Ok, I know, what's with the title? I found out today that I don't have cancer. To make a long story short:

Went to the doc in August for other issues, he found a quarter sized lump on my thyroid. I got blood work, an ultrasound and a referral to an Endocrinologist. All the blood tests came back good and I finally got a biopsy done on the concerning nodules. One was a cyst (the one that started this all) and was drained, the rest were biopsied. I FINALLY got the results today and all is benign.

I decided I needed a mani to celebrate and I just happened to pick up one of those tennis lady duos at Beauty First. Set contained Grape...Set...Match (sparkly purple) and Servin' Up Sparkle (chunky, multisized holo glitter). I got it for 30% off, too! I know I just got done saying I am not a glitter fan, but I am a big holo fan. I'm also a purple fan (it's my favorite color), so this was the perfect combo.

Here's a pic of GSM on its own:


Not the best pic, my nails were still wet. This is 3 coats. I am very disappointed when I have to apply 3 coats of any polish (except neons, since it's expected and they dry fast). The pic isn't the greatest as my nails were still wet.

This is a red based true purple with tiny blue, pink and purple shimmer particles. It's really quite nice, but the formula isn't the greatest. It was a bit sheer and watery. Dry time was slightly better than average though, so that helped.

Here it is with SUS on top, one coat:


Flash:

My only complaint is that, despite how it looks in the bottle, the glitter is sparse, or just doesn't pick up on the brush well. I applied this coat very thick to get the glitter on the brush, then went over it a few times without redipping the brush to get the glitter to stick. I also didn't get a lot of the hex pieces (about 1-3 per nail). I guess I could have done a second coat, but that would be 7 coats total with base and topcoat, YIKES!

Here are some blurry pics to show the sparkly holo goodness:



So what do you think? I am kind of up in the air. Again, I'm not a big glitter fan and this just somehow seems like too much. Believe me, that means something coming from the 28 year old mom who wears acid green eyeshadow! At the same time, it's kind of boring to me, likes it's really nothing special and should be more than it is. I'm not totally disappointed, and I do like it, but I guess it just seems like it's missing something I thought it would have. Or maybe nothing can excite me now that I got such great news!

No comments:

Post a Comment