Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Grapes of Gold

Aka Zoya Daul

So Zoya names all of their Polishes with women's names. So I'm thinking, WTF is Daul? I have never heard that name before, how do you even say it? So I Google it... The first page of results are some model named Daul Kim who hanged herself in 2009. Lovely. Mooooving on...

I'm really getting into painting my nails again for some reason, so I figured I might as well enjoy it while I can, because there will be no time for it with a newborn babe in the house. Plus, I'll be chopping all my nails off (well, as short as I can get them anyway) and keeping them that way for a while.

On to the Polish!

Daul in natural, indoor light, no flash. 


Sunlight.

Cost: I picked up this one at Ulta, where I think Zoya goes for $8. You can also get them from Zoya.com or Beauty First stores. I don't know of any reputable places to get them cheaper than $8, unfortunately.

What I used: I used Nailtek Foundation II, two coats of Daul, and a coat of Poshe fast dry topcoat

Application: Excellent. Zoya rarely disappoints, especially the foily colors. The shorter, wider brush is one of my favorites too, it really cuts down on Polish dripping and makes it really easy to cover a good portion of the nail and get a good line at the cuticle.

Color/Finish:This is a foily/glass fleck finish. The base color is a medium, cool-toned grape purple and the glass fleck is a yellow, almost coppery, gold. It's very very similar to Zoya Faye, but the purple is darker and cooler. From what I have seen, it's a dupe for Orly Oui (which I never bought because I thought it was a dupe for Faye!).

No comments:

Post a Comment