Monday, September 4, 2017

Quoth the Raven...

AKA Different Dimensions Nevermore


First off, I don't think this is a fitting name for this Polish. A Polish called Nevermore should be black. Very dark gray at the very least.

I have a love hate relationship with this polish. While I think it's beautiful and unique, it's also kinda boring. That doesn't make any fucking sense but that's how I feel.

This is a dark warm brown strong linear holo with a white gold shift and some larger holo or shifty glitters (I can't really tell). Honestly, these indie brands are getting crazy complicated and my Polish vocabulary is insufficient to describe some of the shit going on in these Polishes.

The formula was on the thick side and the brush was like painting my nails with a broom. all that said, it wasn't horrible. It wasn't the best formula, but manageable and would have been better if the brush wasn't bullshit.

But onto the Polish!!







These were all in direct sunlight. The holo is still fairly strong indoors/in shade. My biggest issue with this is that the larger glitter pieces make it look a bit lumpy and textured. I'm a huge fan of silky smooth cremes, so I kinda hate anything lumpy. A coat or two more of topcoat probably would take care of that, but that's too much effort for me.


Thank goodness for peel off basecoat!!


This was a late night/after a few glasses of wine post. I promise to go back to my standard review format next time!!

Oh, and I broke a bunch of nails moving my new renter into my old house :-( So my nails are uneven, sorry about that. The good news is, I really whipped my crazy ass cuticles into shape today! I'm rather proud.



No comments:

Post a Comment