Friday, November 18, 2011

Hydrated Chromium(III) Oxide

... a blue-green pigment of medium saturation and relatively dark in value.

Aka Illamasqua Viridian


That's how wikipedia (heart!) described viridian. Illamasqua describes this Polish as Metallic peacock green. I think that works too.





This is a shapeshifter. It's not really a duochrome, but it appears different colors depending on the lighting. Indoors, it's a standard forest green shimmer. Outdoors, in the sun, you see way more blue making it more of a teal color.

Price: 13.50 GBP (approx. $21.31) on Illamasqua.com or $14 on Sephora.com (unless you're lucky enough to live near a Sephora brick-and-mortar that carries these).

What I used: One coat of Nailtek Foundation II, 2 coats of Viridian, one coat of Seche Vite.

Application/formula: Very nice. This was slightly more watery than the other Illamasquas I have tried, but still a very, very good formula. Went where I wanted it to go, no pooling, dripping or balding. It even dried pretty fast. I only had to wait about a minute and a half before doing the second coat. Also, completely opaque in 2 coats (definitely needs 2). Not much else to say except typical Illamasqua loveliness.

Sorry if the reflections on the pics make my nails look lumpy. I assure you those are just reflections (because it's so shiny!) and this is a smooth as a baby's butt.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Amanda! (It's kinda weird for me to say that, but I must accept the fact that other people share my name. But I digress...)

    I've nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Check it out here:

    http://amandalandish.blogspot.com/2011/11/versatile-blogger-award.html

    You totally deserve it! Much love x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh sweet! And Oh shit, that means I have to do something... But Oh sweet! still wins out because I got nominated for an award and I only have 2 followers!! SWEET!

    ReplyDelete