Thursday, October 27, 2011

Oops, Honey, I Think I Stuck My Hand In It

Yeah, seriously. I'm not kidding... Why, you ask?? Blame Illamasqua...

Aka Illamasqua Load


Yep, you heard me. LOAD. BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!


It's actually quite a delicious color, even with that name. It looks like butter. REAL butter, not that awful hydrogenated oil crap that your body has no idea what to do with. It's only slightly less yellow than shown in this pic (thanks again, mercury bulbs and crappy Pittsburgh weather!).

Cost: Illamasqua retails for 13.50 GBP on their site http://www.illamasqua.com, I'm not sure of the exact exchange rate of GBP to Dollars, but given the constant and considerate devaluation of the American currency by the Federal Reserve Bank (hyper-inflation caused by printing fiat money), I'd imagine this is quite a bit more than $13. Anyway, it's easier to get some of their colors (like this one) at Sephora.com for $14. I used my FF 20% code to get 4 of these, since I refuse to pay $14 for Polish after my awful experience with paying $18 for Rescue Beauty Lounge. I digress.

What I used: One coat of Nailtek Foundation II, 3 coats of Load (I giggle every time, I swear) and one coat of Seche Vite.

Application: Well, it's white, with a yellow undertone (overtone? - whatever). Application was... well... spotty to say the least. It wasn't necessarily bad, in fact, better than I'd expect for a color like this. It's a little sheer and milky. I think if there had been a bit more pigmentation, it would have applied better, but not looked as awesome - maybe more chalky. This isn't chalky at all. First coat is a streaky awful mess, second coat starts to even out and third coat is absolutely necessary to even everything out completely. You have to be careful though, as there is definitely some balding that will occur if you don't let it dry sufficiently between coats. You don't have to let it dry completely, but I am the Queen of waiting a whole minute and a half between coats and that doesn't really fly with this one.

Dry time: Good on the Polish alone. Faster than most but not super fast and not so fast that you can't apply it nicely. With Seche, it was completely dry within 15 minutes.

Final verdict: A very wearable, flattering, white-ish Polish. The name, for me, makes it even more wearable hehe. Also, unique. I do not own nor have I even seen a color even remotely close to this. Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment