Thursday, October 27, 2011

Proof of My Addiction (AKA BIG Sephora haul)

So I've been thinking about how much money I spend on cosmetics. I even had a convo with a fellow beauty hoarder. We've come to the consensus that this is "Collector's Mentality" combined with a little Retail Therapy. Stuff looks cool, we buy it, we admire it, we stash it and we may or may not ever use, or even look at, it again.

Who cares, though? On to the HAUL!

As proof of my above assessment, I bought this sweet lipstick sampler from Kat Von D, and I don't even particularly care for or wear lipstick:


How could I resist? These things are quite tiny, but that's actually perfect because I have yet to ever use an entire lipstick. The only one I know I will NEVER wear is the second one from the left. It's called Backstage Bambi and makes me think of a cheap hooker (as does the word "Bambi", which makes the name perfect). I am going to try to actually swatch all of this stuff later, but I wanted to at least share it now.

Next up, something I have been drooling over since I saw it and also something I will actually use:





Ahh, the Too Faced Sweet Dreams palette. I bought the holiday palette last year... some deal with all kinds of glittery pin-up style fairy ladies all over it... and I use it ALL the time. I think I use that one more than my Urban Decay. One of the shadows, Teddy Bear, is the perfect matte color for my brows.

Anyway, look how AWESOME this is! Some of the colors are dupes from last year, some seem to be exclusive to this palette (unlike last year, they have names instead of just being labeled as "Exclusive", duh) and some are from their new shadow collection (Enchanted Garden or some similar fluffy crap).

There are 15 eye shadows, 2 blushes, a bronzer and their "Candlelight Glow" powder (which I am pretty stoked about because I've been looking for a good highlighter). It also came with a full sized shadow insurance (YAY!!! My other one that I got last year is almost gone). I can't wait to try this!! Particularly, Nice Stems! (the green).

Then I got one of the new Urban Decay travel sized 24/7 Liner sets (The bright one):


I got it mostly for that green one. Forget what it's called but the swatches looked amazing (and it is). Perversion (the black) is a SUPER black matte. I can't wait to try it.


This was my 500 point perk. Boxum Passport thingie. It's in a shiny, pleather looking passport case. It's got a mini lipstick, full-sized gloss and mini mascara. I've been wanting to try their lipstick (and this one is a great nude color). I did try this mascara and I really like it so far. The gloss was a bit on the pink and sparkly side, but I actually liked it, so did my boyfriend, even though he ended up with sparkles all over his face (we kiss a lot, that's why I don't wear crap on my lips, usually).


And last, the only thing I was really disappointed about: LaVanila Vanilla Blackberry. I have 2 LaVanila perfumes and LOVE them both (Pure Vanilla and Vanilla Passionfruit). Awesome Boyfriend calls the Pure Vanilla (of which I also have the body butter and deodorant) "The Secret Weapon". This one? Blech. Seriously, it smells like old lady. I smell some blackberry, no vanilla and lots of old lady. Oh well, that's what I get for buying a fragrance online. I do plan to do a review of my other ones, as I do really really love them. Mostly because they smell good, but also because they are natural, don't smell synthetic and don't make my eyes water.

I also got 4 Illamasqua Polishes: Load, Force, Jo'Mina and Rare. All of which will be reviewed separately (aside from Load, which I did in my last post).

No comments:

Post a Comment