Friday, December 9, 2011

Leprechaun Puke

Aka Julep Emilie and CND Sheer 24k Sparkle


I am still up in the air about Julep, the polishes are pretty good, but I cannot get over the price per ounce ($50+!!). Anyway, I got Emilie on a BOGO deal and since I am a Maven I get free shipping, so this polish cost me $7 (still the same price as Zoya for a little more than half as much polish :-/). Anyway, I wanted to play around with something for our upcoming Holiday Party (I call it a Solstice Party, hubby calls it a Christmas Party). Turns out I got something more like St. Patty's Day in December...

Flash:


No Flash:

No flash is more color accurate.

If a Leprechaun drank too much Guinness and puked, I'd imagine it to look like my ring finger (since we're equating flakies to puke nowadays). Maybe he puked on another Leprechaun and that explains the green?

Anyway, It's a very nice color, it applied well in two coats. It was slightly watery and tended to pool a little, but nothing totally horrific. I'd describe it as a kelly green creme.

24k sparkle is what I am really excited about. I got is as part of a CND set for $14. The set had this, a plum creme and a navy creme. I haven't tried the cremes yet, but I love this, just as I love all of the other CND effects, particularly the sparkles (Sapphire Sparkle FTW!!). I really want to put this over CG Velvet Bow.

I plan to try to review my latest Julep box some time soon, so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment