Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Misty Mountain Hop

Aka Essie School of Hard Rocks


This is from the Essie 2011 Winter Collection. I really love Essie's Fall and Winter Polish collections. They always have these beautiful, dusty, muted colors that are perfect for the time of year.

I got my hands on the winter collection mini set, but this Polish wasn't part of it. After I'd seen pictures of it on various blogs, I decided I wanted it. It seems quite unique to me for some reason, but now I wonder if Sally Hansen CSM Gray by Gray is a dupe. I have it upstairs, I'll have to look. I have a feeling that SoHR leans more green.

Flash:


No Flash:

Cost: Essie retails for $8 and can be purchased at select pharmacies and grocery stores, as well as from transdesign.com and essie.com. I don't know of anywhere you can get them for less.

What I used: One coat of Nailtek Foundation II, 2 coats of SoHR, one coat of Seche Vite.

Application/formula: Typical awesome Essie formula. The first coat was a little more sheer than I expected, but it covered completely in 2 coats. Not too thin, not too thick, great control and good pigmentation. I like the smaller Essie brushes (vs OPI pro-wide types), because my nails are very curved and it's easier to get the polish where I want it with a smaller brush. That's just personal preference though. One thing I will say, I had ZERO cleanup with this :-)

Color: I would call this a very muted, dusty teal/grey. It leans much more blue than green, but there is definitely green in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment