Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Old Korean Lady

Aka Peripera Metallic Green

I bought this Polish after seeing swatches of it on a blog. I HAD to have it. I ordered off of ebay. This is a Korean brand that is supposed to be scented.

It really does smell like an old Korean lady!! It's funny, because I bought my house off of an older couple, the lady was Korean, and the smell of this polish dry is EXACTLY the way my house smelled! It's not bad, just smells like old lady perfume. I can still smell it with topcoat on if I put my nails up to my nose, but it's not strong or really noticeable. 

So first of all, how AWESOME is this kitty bottle?


I took this pic with flash on. The polish is way less yellow and shows more of a blue duochrome without flash.

And here it is on my nails:

Flash:

No flash:

The flash pic is actually a little more accurate color-wise. 

Cost: I think I ended up paying around $17 for this with shipping from Korea. The polish itself was around $10. Totally worth it.

What I used: 1 coat Nailtek II Foundation, 2 coats Metallic Green, 1 coat Seche Vite.

Application/formula: Actually very good. It went where I wanted it, wasn't too thin or thick and not at all goopy. It applied to complete opacity in 2 coats. Dry time was a little faster than average (a little longer than a foil). The brush is similar to OPI pro-wide, which I really don't like but it worked for this one. There were a few stray hairs on one side, but I just used the other side of the brush and they didn't cause a problem. It was just a little bit brushstrokey, but nothing awful and you barely notice against the awesomeness of the color and finish.

Color/finish: This is a foily metallic light green that also has an almost micro-glitter shimmer. I wouldn't call it mint or lime, maybe a brighter sage color? It's slightly duochrome from yellowish green to almost totally blue. It's more of a lit-from-within douchrome than a depends-on-what-angle. It doesn't flash different colors when I move my nails, but instead has different colors depending on where the light hits it. I have NOTHING like this and I am so glad I got it. Worth every penny.

2 comments:

  1. Wow beautiful! Love the bottle as well super cool!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a nice color!! I actually love your nail length and shape! so perfect!! LOVE!!

    Happy Holidays!!

    if you'd like you can check out my blog...aphroditesnotebook.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete