Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Sky is Filled With Pink Stars

Aka Rescue Beauty Lounge Piu Mosso


Read the book Under the Dome by Stephen King and you will understand the reference. (Read the book anyway, it really is "The best yet from the best EVER".)



Cost: $18 @ http://rescuebeauty.com/ - they sometimes run 50% off sales at RBL.

Application: Ugh, I hate to say this... There's an old saying with us nail polish aficionados... "For this price, my nails had better paint themselves!". Sadly, for $18, mine did NOT. The formula wasn't horrible, but from what I have heard of RBL Polishes, this one was definitely lacking. It was ALMOST a one coater (if you did a thick, careful coat, you might pull it off). Pigmentation was wonderful but the polish itself was a little thick and hard to work with. It didn't always go where I wanted it, I found myself redipping in the bottle more often than normal (2x at most for one nail is usual for me) which makes it uneven and lumpy if you're not very careful and it pooled a little on the sides of my fingers... I had a bit of cleanup afterward.

What I used: This is 1 coat of Nailtek Foundation II, 2 coats of RBL Piu Mosso and one coat of Seche Vite topcoat.

Dry time: Totally dry in less than 15 minutes.

Comments: Still worth the $18 for the AMAZING color! It's so dark, yet it glows. I will say it's not an attention grabber from a distance, but up close it's absolutely beautiful.  

Musings: I will probably be lynched by foaming-at-the-mouth crowds of RBL fanatics for the lukewarm review of the formula. Sorry ladies, I have paid $3 for China Glaze Polishes with FLAWLESS formulas... This one just doesn't even come close to an $18 formula. I think I am done with RBL (the other 2 in this collection that I purchased have just as bad, if not worse, formulas), the only other one I might get is Scrangie, cause the color is full of awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment