Friday, November 18, 2011

I'm Going Red Carpet Baby!

If it were up to me, that carpet would be purple. Purple is a much more awesome carpet color than red. I digress (Actually, I digress quite often, huh?).

I have 2 followers and yet, somehow, got nominated for an award!! *bows* Thank you, thank you! Actually, I really have to thank the lady with the awesome name (Amanda, duh) over at Amandalandish. She's super cool and I love her blog. So, uh, here goes:


And here is where I have to do work (boo!). Well, I guess talking about myself isn't really work, I like to do that...

~ List 7 things that have to do with how awesome I am... I mean 7 things about myself.
~ Nominate 15 other blogs that I think deserve the award (and I am also going to add why)

My Awesomeness:
1. I actually fancy myself a writer and I have a "humor" blog here: The Trbobitch.
2. I am a Libertarian political activist. I was one of 4 people who put together an event this past September in NYC called LibertyFest II, which had over 800 attendees (sold out and then some).
3. I will be voting for Ron Paul for president.
4. I have 2 boys (5 and 11), a husky, a rottmutt and 2 kitties. I also have a non-state-sanctioned husband whom I love dearly.
5. I am a full time Software Quality Assurance Analyst.
6. I used to work at a Ren Faire during summers (and I dressed up as a pirate)
7. I really, really, REALLY, REALLY want to go to Scotland. I will probably not come back to the US when I do.

Ok, stuff you probably care about more... Here are my picks for this award (I'm not sure if this is limited to beauty blogs, but I say it's not):

1. Manicure Addict - Katherine. Not only because she was my very first follower, but because she pulls off those super long talons beautifully and has some great posts.

2. All You Desire. She has the most beautiful, flawless swatches. She obviously puts a great deal of time and effort into her work (enough to have done all the swatches for Illamasqua.com!!) and I really, really appreciate that.

3. Nail Fanatic - Gladys. She always has great swatches and she does a great job.

4. Polish or Perish. Love, love, love this blog! I believe they have 3 or 4 contributors and the logo is just FANTASTIC.

5. Polish to the People! One of my BEST friends, fellow nail polish afficionado and the person who got me hooked on nail polish and makeup. She hasn't posted for a long time, so maybe you can go over there, comment and renew her interest in blogging ;-).

6. Calling People Names. Non-beauty blog. I love her writing and her stories. It's always fun to get an inside peek into someone else's life from their perspective.

7. Getcha Nails Did. Love that name. She has lovely posts.

8. Makeup your Jangsara. I think this is a very unique. She doesn't just do makeup looks, she does these crazy, Hollywoodesque jobs. Maybe not the most practical always, but seriously cool. She also does a lot of very helpful tutorials and makeup swatches. I am always excited when I see that she has posted.

9. My Simple Little Pleasures - Colette. Three words: WATER. MARBLE. QUEEN. That is all.

10. Hyperbole and a Half - Allie Brosh. This is only the funniest blog of all time. (non-beauty)

11. Stupid Nail Polish Names. And this is only the funniest nail polish blog of all time.

12. Adventures in Acetone. Lovely nail art. Not really my thing, but very fun to look at!

13. Bring on the Bling - Velvet. I love her for THIS post.

14. R3 Daily - Maria. Creator of Cult Nails and Unicorn Puke. Need I say more?

15. Polish Vixen. She always has the most beautiful Konads!

Whew, ok, I'm done.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats! :) New follower, I found you through Amanda's blog...looking forward to reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome aboard, Sarah! I hope to amuse you by making you pee your pants a little with laughter while you simultaneously drool over awesome Polish.

    ReplyDelete