Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Painted by Color and Foiled Again!

Not sure where I came up with that one, but it sort of sounded clever. Maybe... A little? Anyway... I wanted to show you swatches of the Kat von D Painted Love & Foiled Lipstick Set.

Here's the pic in the package from: Sephora

 Here's the pic I showed you before:



Adora, Backstage Bambi, Whiskey Woman, Hellbent, Vestalula, Celebutard

Now onto the swatches!!

No flash:

Flash:


Left to right: Backstage Bambi, Vestalula, Whiskey Woman, Celebutard, Adora, Hellbent


Backstage Bambi: Yeah, pretty much. This is the lipstick that is left on um, the "shirt collars" of rockstars from the groupie chicks (bambis, if you will) that go back stage. Perfect. Anyway, it's a bright, hot pink. Maybe a little fuschia leaning. Looks way more muted in the tube than on the lip.

Vestula: Sephora calls it a "Medium brown". I say it's more of a pinky brown-red. I need to try this one on, not a color I would normally pick but it looks like it could be flattering.

Whiskey Woman: They call this one "Pinkish brown". I call it a muted magenta leaning red. Another one that I will have to take on a test drive.

Celebutard: Good name, because it makes me think of Kim Kardashian. I think the woman is gorgeous, but she's none too bright if you ask me. Or maybe she is, that wedding gave her a lot of publicity. Whatever, I digress. This is a peachy nude. It's wearable for me with a lip liner (my lips are pretty pigmented and light colors don;t work well as the red from my lips tends to show on the edges).

Adora: Beautiful foiled red. Candy apple red, metallic. Awesome. However, I have an even better metallic red to show you later ;-)

Hellbent: Deep burgundy red.

I haven't really test driven any of these yet to comment on wear. They do smell like lipstick, but not in a cheap, nasty way. I actually kind of like that smell sometimes. They are nicely pigmented and were a pain to get off my arm, so they should wear well. I'm not really one to wear lipstick, but I will update if I ever wear one.

I'm happy I got this. For $28, I get to sample lipsticks that I have been eyeing but would ever spend full price on because I never use an entire lipstick.

No comments:

Post a Comment