Tuesday, November 29, 2011

It's Like One of Those Chain E-mail Thingies...


Now forward this to 10 people with your answers or your dog will get hemorrhoids!
No, not really, I wouldn't wish that on your dog.
(BTW, I lifted this from Amandalandish)

MAKEUP

Blush or Bronzer?
Blush. I just can't get into bronzer. Maybe when I am REALLY tan in the summer, but normally it just makes me look bruised.

Lipgloss or Lipstick?
I prefer to wear gloss usually, when I wear anything on my lips. However, there is something about lipstick that I love. Maybe it's being able to change the color of my lips entirely, who knows, but I don't wear it much, too much hassle.

Eyeliner or Mascara?
If I had to pick only one, it would be mascara. On lazy days when I don't want to look like a total bum, I'll put on a coat or two of Laura Mercier or Lancome and it changes the way my whole face looks. I have really big eyes with deep sockets and I get dark circles. If I don't add some black something, I end up looking really tired and kinda bug-eyed.

Foundation or Concealer?
I guess foundation. I prefer powder though, and not full coverage. I don't really use concealer unless I am getting really dolled up for something.

Neutral or Color Eye Shadow?
Color!! I love neutrals too, though. My absolute favorite makeup item is eye shadow, and I own every color under the sun. I especially love green - Hello!! Urban Decay Absinthe!!!

Pressed or Loose Eye Shadow?
This is tough. I am going with pressed because they are more portable and generally easier to use. However, most of my favorite colors are in loose form. It's like they can't get those awesome duochromes to press or something.

Brushes or Sponges?
Brushes.


NAILS

OPI or China Glaze?
China Glaze, hands down. The last few collections (i.e. Metro and the Sailor one) have been absolute perfection formula wise and less than half the price of OPI. 

Long or Short?
In between. I like my nails when they are a little shorter, but they also look great with some (but not too much) length.

Acrylic or Natural?
Really? Natural. Acrylics aren't nails, they are plastic on your fingers.

Brights or Darks?
I can't choose. I love them all. 

Flower or No Flower?
Flower? Um... This seems like a very personal question, and not at all related to my nails.


BODY

Perfume or Body Splash?
Perfume, but not all is created equal. All body splashes smell like cheap, synthetic, "make me sneeze and my eyes water in a bottle". Some perfumes do too, and most people put WAAAY too much on. I like natural perfumes and oils. My signature scent is LaVanila Pure Vanilla.

Lotion or Body Butter?
Coconut Oil. BAM!

Body Wash or Soap?
Either one if it's from Lush. I like my LaVanila body wash, but I also like bars. Again, this is another thing I am very picky about the ingredients of. Lately, I have been using Lush, but after I exhaust my supply, it will more than likely be body wash of some sort.

Lush or Other Bath Company?
Funny you should ask... Lush.


FASHION

Jeans or Sweat Pants?
Sweatpants. Whenever humanly possible.

Long Sleeve or Short?
Long.

Dresses or Skirts?
Skirts... or sweatpants. I own a few Old Navy skirts that are like sweat-skirts. No lie.

Stripes or Plaid?
PLAID. It's my favorite color.

Flip Flops or Sandals?
Flip flops. The cheaper, the better.

Studs or Dangly Earrings?
Hoops.

Necklaces or Bracelets?
I have a pretty significant tattoo on my chest, so I tend to not wear necklaces. I have a few bracelets that I like, but I tend not to wear jewelery except a couple rings and earrings.

Scarves or Hats?
I like both, but I wear scarves more. I am fortunate to have a good friend and a mom who both knit/crochet so most of my stuff is handmade.

Heels or Flats?
Depends on whether or not I need to be able to walk.

Cowboy Boots or Riding Boots?
Riding boots. Better yet, motorcycle boots. Yes, I own a pair of black leather Harley Davidson boots. I HATE motorcycles, but I freaking love these boots, even if my man does accuse me of dressing like a dude.

Jacket or Hoodies?
Hoodies! Zip or pull over, doesn't matter, they go great with sweatpants!

Forever 21 or Charlotte Russe?
Huh?

Abercrombie or Hollister?
I'm sorry, I am a 28 year old mother of two, why are you even asking me this question?!?!

Saks 5th or Nordstroms?
Target?


HAIR

Curly or Straight?
It's curly. I straighten it sometimes. I like the way it looks and feels straight, but it's hard to maintain.

Bun or Ponytail?
I'm gonna go with bun, because when I have to put my hair up, it's usually a total mess and just needs to be entirely contained in something. Can we please bring back the babushka?

Bobby Pins or Butterfly Clips?
I am going to say butterfly because I think they mean claw clips and I have about a million of them. They're perfect for putting all of my messy hair up and out of the way.

Hair Spray or Gel?
I usually use curl creams and such, so neither I guess.

Long or Short?
Long.

Light or Dark?
Dark.

Side Swept Bangs or Full Bangs?
Bangs? Ugh.

Up or Down?
I prefer to have it in a state where I can wear it down, but that usually requires an amount of work that is greater than the threshold of my laziness.

Summer or Winter?
Fall. I hate extreme temps. Boyfriend says my internal thermostat is schizophrenic.

Fall or Spring?
Fall.

Chocolate or Vanilla?
Vanilla.

East Coast or West Coast?
Well, I live in Pittsburgh, and I know things are WAAAAY less expensive on the East Coast. I've been to California and Seattle. Bother are absolutely wonderful places to visit but wouldn't want to live there.

I want more makeup questions!

2 comments:

  1. I love these things and glad you did this too :)

    I think it's hilarious that our answers are basically polar opposites. Feel free to lift from me whenever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to say, it was fun! I just wish blogger's formatting didn't suck so bad. I'm too lazy to go fix the HTML.

    ReplyDelete